A Week in the Life of Gustavo

"Seems to think that if he fails to write, la migra will find him."--OC Weekly More merriment available at ronmaydon@yahoo.com

domingo, novembro 25, 2001

SUNDAY SONG
---
Today's choice is "Paperback Writer" by the magnificent Beatles. Actually, it was written by McCartney with only a few words added by Lennon. I choose this song because I've written WAY too much this weekend and the Beatles are just awesome. As always, the songs I choose are semi-autobiographical but don't take them literally:

PAPERBACK WRITER
(Lennon/McCartney)
Dear sir or madam, will you read my book?
It took me years to write, will you take a look?
It's based on a novel by a man named Lear
And I need a job and I want to be a
Paperback writer,
Paperback writer.

It's a dirty stor of a dirty man,
And his clinging wife doesn't understand.
His son is working for the Daily Mail;
It's a steady job but he wants to be a
Paperback writer,
Paperback writer

(chorus)
Paperback writer,
Paperback writer.

It's a thousand pages, give or take a few;
I'll be writing more in a week or two.
I can make it longer if you like the style,
I can change it round and I want to be a
Paperback writer,
Paperback writer.

If you really like it you can have the rights,
It can make a million for you overnight
If you must return it you can send it here,
But I need a break and I want to be a
Paperback writer.
Paperback writer.

(chorus)
Paperback writer,
Paperback writer.