A Week in the Life of Gustavo

"Seems to think that if he fails to write, la migra will find him."--OC Weekly More merriment available at ronmaydon@yahoo.com

segunda-feira, dezembro 03, 2001

DANCE OF THE STUPID: THE SEQUEL
---
Same fan as before, same moronic arguments, same pendejadas. The fan is commenting on my recent Taco Bell article...
FAN
"Good Mexican food must be prepared in a suitably unsanitary environment."
This is so stereotypical. Your articles are never balanced. Must they
always have some racists remarks or bullshit? You should be writing for some white-supremacists web-site! All of the best Mexican food that I have had, even in Mexico, comes from a suitably SANITARY environment.
ME
How'd you discover I'm a white supremacist? Are you able to see the
picture of me with "88" tattooed on my forehead? Hey, if you don't like my articles, stop reading them. And if you have a problem with the fact that I'm writing articles, start writing articles yourself. LatinoLA accepts submissions from everyone.
And by the way, the best chorizo y tortas I tasted WERE in unsanitary environments, environments where I could taste the dirt and grit in the horchata and taste the blood of the pig. This is not stereotyping, this is the truth--my personal truth. And if you have a problem with that, then you have nothing better to do than to belittle the lives of individuals.
FAN
YOUR STUPID HUMOR DOES NOT HUMOR THE MEXICAN POPULATION. NEXT YOU WILL BE CALLING BLACKS "NIGGERS" AND THINK ITS FUNNY. HA HA HA!!! YOU SUCK AS WRITER AND COMEDIAN. STOP PUTTING US DOWN. STOP STEREOTYPING, YOU FREAKIN IDIOT!!!!

Why do I even bother, you might ask? It's just amusing. I love it when people claim to speak for millions as this fan does. "STOP PUTTING US DOWN." Who the fuck is "us" (sorry for my cursing, but it pisses me off)?! Ain't I a part of the "us" that the fan claims to be protecting? Of course not, since I don't blurb "Zapata" and "Aztlan" every other sentence. Fan has written critical letters to me for every article I've written for latinola.com except one: when I pointed out that Latino movies like "Tortilla Soup" hate Mexicans. No comment from fan there. Why not? Because I'm talking good about "us.". Hypocrite.
---
Got my first final today. Fun, fun, fun!