A Week in the Life of Gustavo

"Seems to think that if he fails to write, la migra will find him."--OC Weekly More merriment available at ronmaydon@yahoo.com

sábado, dezembro 08, 2001

I saw the great Godard film "Breathless" in Spanish voiced by individuals with Cuban accents. A crappy jazz score was added to it. But the film was amazing; even more amazing now than when I saw it a couple of years back. The similarities between the film and my life right now are amazing. Even the dialogue between Patricia and Michel seems like the exact words of two people that I know very well. But I still say Truffaut beats Godard. Godard is too full of himself; Truffaut is a romantic at heart who knows love dies yet remains eternal.

GREAT QUOTE FROM FILM:
Patricia: What is your ultimate ambition in life?
Famous writer: To become immortal, then die.