A Week in the Life of Gustavo

"Seems to think that if he fails to write, la migra will find him."--OC Weekly More merriment available at ronmaydon@yahoo.com

domingo, maio 05, 2002

I started this blog right about the time that I met !. I actually started it much earlier, but technological negligence on my part had made me forget all about it.

I had fun posting my various thoughts and rants. Ultimately, it served me no real purpose since my memories are kept away in my gray matter forever. Instead, this served as a place for friends to learn what was going on in my life.

But as the saying goes, all things must pass, all good things must come to an end, the heart is meant to be broken...you get the idea. Therefore, this is the last blog I will post.

Reason being? ! broke up with me. Actually, she broke up with me about two weeks ago but today I received word that it truly was final. There are no hard feelings on either part. But nevertheless, this blog will also end with her.

Who knows? Maybe one day in the future , I will start posting again. If I do, I will make sure to let fellow readers know. But I seriously doubt it. If you people really want to know what's going on in my life, give this brother a call or an email.

I'm not one to say really eloquent closing words (I save that for the bulk of my speeches and articles), so I will end with a simple request to all of you. There is one word in this request that some of you might not know; it's in Brazilian Portuguese so go look it up. And here is the request:

If we're ever to part ways permanently, please remember me with saudade because God knows I will.