A Week in the Life of Gustavo

"Seems to think that if he fails to write, la migra will find him."--OC Weekly More merriment available at ronmaydon@yahoo.com

quarta-feira, junho 12, 2002

My forehead is peeling to the point where I look like a molten snake. This is what happens when you stay out in the sun for too long, are light-skinned, and wear no hat. I guess it was worth it, though: I had a great time being the third wheel to AAS and MS's bicycle in the Long Beach Chili Cook-Off.

Today was my first official day at the Weekly and I completed two articles. Nothing much is going to change except that I'll be hanging out at the office more and working on projects of my choice. Then again, isn't that what I've been doing for the past year or so. Somebody assign me something and quick!

WS said I have mastered the art of the essay but that I need to get my ass kicked to become a truly great journalist. While I plan to focus on essay-crafting as my forte, I agree. This summer will be painful for my ego, but remember the Nietchzean credo and remember my own: baptism of fire.

Later on tonight JAM and I will go to the house of the cousins M to see the Mexico-Italy game. I certainly hope they win but regardless, when everything's said and done, I would have stayed awake for 36 hours. Time to bring out the dementia...that is, if it already hasn't been brought out.