A Week in the Life of Gustavo

"Seems to think that if he fails to write, la migra will find him."--OC Weekly More merriment available at ronmaydon@yahoo.com

segunda-feira, junho 03, 2002

A quick aside before my day yesterday...If I were to ever become a fiction writer (or if I'm ever essential enough to warrant an autobiography), I would make the line "Those were the words that I wanted to hear--and those were the words that broke my heart" a central passage in the story. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

I'm not a big basketball fan, but I went to JAM's house to see Game 7 yesterday between the Kings and Lakers. I did not care who won, but I did get angry because Kings coach Rick Adelman kept letting Doug Christie (2 of 10 shooting) shoot, while keeping Bobby Jackson (6 of 9 shooting) on the bench, even in overtime. Laker's didn't win; Kings lost.

I hadn't seen JAM or MM (who was also there) since...it had been so long I cannot remember. Definitely not since I returned from Portland. Needless to say, we had a lot of catching up to do...and didn't. We instead kept making rude remarks about the Germany-Saudi Arabia game (an 8-0 destruction by the Germans) and the arrogance of Kobe Bryant. That shows true friendship, when you don't even have to talk about pressing issues; they're acknowledged and then you move on.

I'd like to welcome CK back from the realm of forgotten friends. CK is a good friend from my Family Fun Center days and one of the few who stood by me after I was toppled over in a coup. He got my number from VM and we're supposed to meet up this Thursday to discuss me getting richer (he's a stockbroker nowadays of some sort) and to catch up. Haven't seen him in 4 years almost--4 years! Time doesn't fly fast enough for me.