A Week in the Life of Gustavo

"Seems to think that if he fails to write, la migra will find him."--OC Weekly More merriment available at ronmaydon@yahoo.com

quarta-feira, junho 05, 2002

Went back to P, V, and DM's house for their sister J's 21st birthday. She's getting married to her boyfriend next year. Good for her.

The funniest thing was said to me by PM's girlfriend P. She said that she thinks I'm a great guy but that when she first met me, she didn't like me because "your confidence can be mistaken for arrogance."

Every person who has ever liked me (platonically or romantically) at first did not like me (and some still don't for that matter). But once they get to know me, they realize I'm...something. How strange. What exactly is it about me that people cannot stand? PSS attributes it to something he labelled "Gustavian Arrogance Theory" which is essentially that I am so superior to everyone that I meet that I patronize them without even knowing that I'm being arrogant. He agreed with me when I said I'm not arrogant at all; he just says that I can come off as such.

Pues nimodo. God made me a certain way and gave me a certain outlook on life and I rather like it. And though it might seem that I'm deterministic, I also know that if I didn't like the way I was, I'd change aspects of it. Granted, there are some things that could use work, but I think I stand up rather well to other people. And I know I stand great in the eyes of God--and ultimately, that's all that matters.

I've received a couple more emails for my soccer article, but I haven't responded since I'm at UCLA. I need to write more often.