A Week in the Life of Gustavo

"Seems to think that if he fails to write, la migra will find him."--OC Weekly More merriment available at ronmaydon@yahoo.com

sexta-feira, junho 28, 2002

A whole lot of things to report...where to begin?

Yesterday

All my days are at the Weekly offices. I commit myself to writing the equivalent of a CD review a day--250 words. While that might not seem like a lot, keep in mind this is a minimum. I usually publish at least 1,000 words a week and sometimes a hell of a lot more.

After work yesterday, I went to Lee's Sandwiches to treat AH to lunch as appreciation for her well-written article. She's a recently-graduated high schooler who has the right ideas about how crazy this modern world is. Good time had by all. That is my new editorial policy; I will take anyone who writes for OC Latino out for lunch. God knows I know great places.

After that, came home and worked on my article on the game Counterstrike. Details to come next week...

Around 10, I went to JC Fandango's for their quarterly Skandangolandia. But before that, I received an email from someone I thought I would never hear from again: ! (I'm still debating whether I should refer to her by the exclamation. I think I will.). Needless to say, conflicting emotions went into overdrive on my part; who knows about the other.

But I had a concert to attend, so I met up with the fabulous Gonzalez sisters G and A. They have an even younger one but I forget my name. G in particular always introduces me to musicians or people in the REE industry and last night was no different.

I heard a great jump-blues band from Texas, Los Skarnales. I bought the CD but from the little that I heard, it didn't capture their great live act at all. Then again, maybe I need to take a second hear because I was swimming in Cuba Libres

Today

Got my ass handed to me by my editor. That's a good thing. Got my ass handed to me by Poland while I was Argentina in FIFA 2002. That wasn't.

Tomorrow

Who the hell knows? All I know in my life is my motto (I should copywrite it, being the intellectual capitalist that I am):

Never a dull moment.