A Week in the Life of Gustavo

"Seems to think that if he fails to write, la migra will find him."--OC Weekly More merriment available at ronmaydon@yahoo.com

sexta-feira, julho 19, 2002

And the letters keep pouring in for my Reventon Super Estrella article. This one is a collection of emails passed along to me from JN...

I got a lot of immediate responses when i sent this one out

-Great. I think we'll be seeing a lot more of Gustavo's writing in bigger publications in the future. He's probably the sharpest young writer covering the music right now.
-This article was a fun read. Keep your eyes on the writer Gustavo Arellano. He's only 23 and writing for like 5 publications. And he
just got his ass banned from even entering Reventon.....

This one is from major promotor Tomas Cookman of the Latin Alternative Music Conference...

Must say that I LOVED your article in the OC Register on the Super Reventon. You were so on the money!

My response...

Thank you for your nice words, although I must correct you. I write for the OC Weekly, not the Orange County Register. Their column on the Reventon is more typical of the soft press that the Super Estrella people crave. And if you have any other comments from other people regarding my article, just send them along to me!

So much fun, so little time. Or rather too much.