A Week in the Life of Gustavo

"Seems to think that if he fails to write, la migra will find him."--OC Weekly More merriment available at ronmaydon@yahoo.com

quarta-feira, julho 03, 2002

Another response to my Jewish Journal article...

As for me, I couldn't agree with you more that folks in organizations like Hillel need to do more reaching out. To be honest, I never really liked Hillel much when I was in college - the kids seemed pretty sheltered and clannish, and weren't big into mixing with others (not different from just about any campus ethnic organization, I suppose). Unfortunately, the Jews who tend to mix or interact with other groups
tend to be unaffiliated people like myself who rather do things on an individual basis, on a personal level. I suppose more does need to be done to get Hillel out of their shell.....

No response on my part as I will see the person who made those comments soon...

I had a lot of magnificent, thoughtful things to say, but I've been busy redesigning my website and am tired of typing. I will leave with just a tiny snippet of one of the billions of ideas that cross my mind daily...

God put us on this Earth for various reasons. One is to live a moral life. What's a moral life? Everyone knows what it is but few bother to follow it. Put it this way: if you feel guilty about doing something, chances are you shouldn't do it because it is wrong.