A Week in the Life of Gustavo

"Seems to think that if he fails to write, la migra will find him."--OC Weekly More merriment available at ronmaydon@yahoo.com

quarta-feira, julho 03, 2002

General fan mail. This one was sent to the OC Latino account...

I am trying to reach the same Gustavo Arellano who wrote the pieces "The Hate Crime That Wasn't" (about students wearing t-shirts portraying the German Iron Cross) and "It's a Battlefield" (about a recent talk by Pat Buchanan) in recent editions of Orange County Weekly.

If so, I want to say: Bravo! And thank you! Rarely have I see such fair-minded treatments of these subjects in the media, especially in the alternative press. Honestly, it was a real surprise.

I am a native of OC although I have lived most of my life in the Northeast and abroad. I am shortly moving back to OC (Corona del Mar). I look forward to reading more of Mr. Arellano's articles.

My response...

I am the same Gustavo Arellano that writes for the OC Weekly. Thank you for your kind words; they really mean a lot to a young journalist that's learning every day. Your words show me that I'm on the right track.