A Week in the Life of Gustavo

"Seems to think that if he fails to write, la migra will find him."--OC Weekly More merriment available at ronmaydon@yahoo.com

quarta-feira, julho 24, 2002

It is true: dreams are a precursor of what may come.

I've had a couple of interesting ones over the past few days, dreaming that a dirty bomb was exploded at San Francisco's St. Jude Hospital (I'm not even sure if there is a St. Jude's Hospital in San Francisco), I was witness to a mass execution at a school, and other horrible REM's. But the worst was today's.

I shall not divulge: it's too personal. But I woke myself out of it because I was so upset. People who know me are aware I rarely do such a thing. But I did.

The rest of the day went downhill. I did get work done at the Weekly, but upon arriving home, I found out that some of it was for naught. Then a friend backed out on me when I needed him. Ingrate. Then some nice health problems. A couple of lectures from the parents, some realizations on my behalf--and I still have about three hours of waking time remaining!

I've been good for these past couple of weeks and I expect to be good. But sometimes I forget the world I live in, the realities of my life, and the many obstacles I face daily just to survive.

I'm not sure what else to say except to repeat the oft-said mantra: I'm a good guy. I just hope God and others realize that.