A Week in the Life of Gustavo

"Seems to think that if he fails to write, la migra will find him."--OC Weekly More merriment available at ronmaydon@yahoo.com

segunda-feira, julho 01, 2002

I've done something unprecedented in my life: I removed the bitterness from me regarding a failed opportunity.

That opportunity was my relationship with !. I was tending my mother's bouganvilla garden when I had a revelation: I was not doing myself any good by remaining bitter towards her. So (as if it was God-mandated) ! called me, we talked and everything was laid out. We'll definitely keep in contact but nothing else is given.

Part of me is sad that I didn't do more to try to win her back or that I didn't do what I always use to with ex's: just never talk to them again. But when I told her that I would continue talking to her and be there for her, a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders. This depression of the past two months has now turned into a melancholy state of being. But that's all right. Seja o que seja, life will turn out OK.