A Week in the Life of Gustavo

"Seems to think that if he fails to write, la migra will find him."--OC Weekly More merriment available at ronmaydon@yahoo.com

quinta-feira, julho 18, 2002

More nice words. I will refrain from answering, though, as they are merely comments, not observations...

Been enjoying your writing, in fact your review of Kronos Quartet's Mexico album piqued my interested much more than the NPR segment on Kronos' latest effort.
--
Now for some gossip, I will switch out of italics for normal text.

In this week's Weekly, I have written an article on the Reventon Super Estrella. Needless to say, I didn't like it and tried to be as funny as I could about it (althought I did point out that Enanitos Verdes is worth going to see). While I was at the office, I received a call from the publicist for the Reventon who shared with me some news: the Super Estrella folks were so incensed with the article that they asked her to revoke my press pass.

I am livid and amused as hell. All the people at the office had a good laugh over it, and I will write a scathing response to the radio station for next week. For my online diary, let me just say that to revoke a press pass is unprofessional beyond belief. Yes, I bashed their concert good but it's my job to. It's my job to call it as it is and not mince words. I liked last year's Super Estrella; why didn't they revoke my press pass then? Because they liked my words. Super Estrella's act is tantamount to censorship and rather contumely on their behalf towards me. Me vale madre. I'm a good Catholic boy, but I might have to call upon St. Thoma Aquinas' Just War Doctrine in this battle. No me dejo.

Back to the italics. Here are some letters of support. Once again, no response on my behalf...

Great Article on the Reventon, stick it to em', stick it to em'. I just hope they are taught a lesson with your ever so kind words...

LOVED IT!!!!!!...

Right on! When stuff like that happens, either you were a complete jerk or you were being completely righteous. In this case, it was pretty righteous. Now would you turn down a date from Paulina Rubio?

Yes, I would...or would I? My anti-virus program just told me I have a virus, so I must get off now. If it's not one thing, it's another...