A Week in the Life of Gustavo

"Seems to think that if he fails to write, la migra will find him."--OC Weekly More merriment available at ronmaydon@yahoo.com

quarta-feira, julho 10, 2002

A whole lot of things to comment on, so let's comment...

I took the day off from the Weekly because I had to meet JN of the Hip Hop Hoodios up in West LA. No business settled; just some great Yemeni food amongst friends. We talked about the usual stuff: Latin alternative music, issues of solidarity, and Howard Stern. We've made it a habit of trying a different type of food each time we meet so next time, I'm going to buy us some Uzbekh food in North Hollywood.

Afterwards, I pitched a story to GS from home and he approved it. I'm never on vacation, which is a good thing for me since I hate to be in a static state.

After writing for a bit, I met up with the Fabulous G sisters (I will refer to them in the capital since the quartet is the most fab four since the Beatles) and MS to play tennis at Pearson Park. MS and AG are the best players, but by some miracle of God, I won our little tournament. I have no serve and am erratic in my forehands, but somehow I managed to win four games in a row. Woo hoo, four day weekend!

Afterwards, I had a serious conversation with MS. He's one of the Boys, but also the one we love to hate since he's always been a lagger. But today, MS confessed to me in an apologetic manner that he had erred and now had realized it. Therefore, he's now changing his ways in order to be both a better human and a friend. Good for him. Goes to show all of us can change for the better--even me.

We're all supposed to play tennis continually, which suits me fine. Tennis is a great sport to get in shape and ever since my last physical activity was stopped, I've started to become out of shape again. Not fat, mind you (I'm too high strung to ever get to such a level), but out of shape enough to where I get out of breath very easily. Besides, it gives me an opportunity to get out of the prison that is my room.

Another busy day of writing awaits me tomorrow, plus the chance to effect social justice. In the meanwhile, check out this article about the United States' plan to invade Iraq soon. Join me in praying to la Virgen Maria for our collective souls.