A Week in the Life of Gustavo

"Seems to think that if he fails to write, la migra will find him."--OC Weekly More merriment available at ronmaydon@yahoo.com

quinta-feira, agosto 01, 2002

I hate rejection. I despise it. Yet I'm used to it because it befalls me so frequently. What do I do? Feel bad, then go back up to bat. I just need to write better and I won't be rejected anymore.

Just came back from the Angels-Yankees game with PM and his girlfriend P. They were gracious enough to give me a ticket at no cost. I proceeded to embarrass them for the next three hours, yelling belligerantly at the Yankees and cheering the Angels. They're both die-hard Angels fans, so I think inside they were happy. Outside, PM was telling me insults.

Here's something good for the day: another email from loyal reader RG regarding my Ron Jeremy article...

Liked the Jeremy article like a car crash, couldn't stop reading, but wanted to...

My response...

Now why would you want to stop reading that article, besides the disgusting nature of it and all?

Enough for now. I must learn not to be rejected anymore. I've learned too much already from rejection for it to do me any good...