A Week in the Life of Gustavo

"Seems to think that if he fails to write, la migra will find him."--OC Weekly More merriment available at ronmaydon@yahoo.com

sábado, agosto 03, 2002

Something happened to me that made me so happy, I literally stuttered. Yes, it had to do with food. Those close to me know that whenever I start talking about bánh mì, I cannot string a coherent sentence; I am simply too much in awe about its taste, size and price. Today I experienced the same thing.

I will not reveal what food made me speechless, but let's just say it's found in abundance in Los Angeles but I believe the restaurant I frequented today is the only of its kind in this damn county.

Was disappointed today at the Cuauhtemoc concert. It was supposed to be a fundraiser for some political prisoners but turned out to be for a different purpose. If the organizors had said that in the beginning, I wouldn't have had a problem. But I don't like being told one thing and then see something else result. It's duplious. I hate duplicity.

Tomorrow is the Arellano family picnic. Should be fun. But I doubt any food will leave me agape.