A Week in the Life of Gustavo

"Seems to think that if he fails to write, la migra will find him."--OC Weekly More merriment available at ronmaydon@yahoo.com

domingo, janeiro 05, 2003

Did I already express the following thoughts? If so, it's for a reason...

I start school tomorrow and I'm not looking forward to it. Oh, I'm sure the discussions will be stimulating, the experience of debating with titatic minds exhilarating, and the grades outstanding, but I want to write full-time. There's so much out there in this world for me to describe, to discover and disseminate. Academia can only take me so long...unless I get a fellowship. In that case, I can go all over the world.

But I don't want that. I love this city of Anacrime, this despicable county. I want to document everything then document it again. I still feel the only thing that will ever motivate me from leaving here is a woman or a magnificent job offer. I doubt either of those will come anytime soon.