A Week in the Life of Gustavo

"Seems to think that if he fails to write, la migra will find him."--OC Weekly More merriment available at ronmaydon@yahoo.com

sábado, janeiro 11, 2003

I'll try to find the link later to the whole article (I'm reading it on a .pdf format that doesn't allow me to rip it off), but here's the bitchiest quote from the article I'm currently reading. In it, the author is defining cultural studies and its deficiences and methodologies. He takes special exception to the prose of many cultural studies authors and ends a paragraph with this gem...

Yet I am not sure that the dull and repetitive thud of new cultural history is likely to batter down any walls, although it may help put the defenders to sleep.

If academia were always this entertaining, I would be more interested. As it is, I'll continue getting boring A's.