A Week in the Life of Gustavo

"Seems to think that if he fails to write, la migra will find him."--OC Weekly More merriment available at ronmaydon@yahoo.com

domingo, janeiro 19, 2003

There were many protests yesterday against the upcoming war with Iraq. I couldn't make it to any due to work and life, although I like to think I contributed my share of exposing imperialism with this little piece. But many of my friends did protest, as this article attests to. Would Nixon had been opposed to the war? I dunno; the man both bombed Cambodia and finished the war.

A contingent of Orange County protestors went to San Francisco to protest. I don't agree with this approach. Local people should be fighting the government on the local level, not preaching to the choir at other progressive outlets. I seem to be the only person who believes this, however, at least amongst my circle of associates.

I need to sleep early tonight so I can live tomorrow.