A Week in the Life of Gustavo

"Seems to think that if he fails to write, la migra will find him."--OC Weekly More merriment available at ronmaydon@yahoo.com

quinta-feira, janeiro 09, 2003

Very embarrassing moment today...

I wanted to petition a class. I showed up to the class at 11:20, thinking I was 10 minutes early. I was 20 minutes late. In addition, the class had met for only 15 minutes. I had had previous troubles with the classroom it was held in (too ridiculous to get in detail here), so I was busy cursing God because I thought the class wasn't in session. In desperation, I went to the professor's office, half-expecting a sign announcing his departure from this planet. Knocking, I instead was greeted with a "Come in!" I explained my situation and he was charitable enough to let me take his course. May this episode not be a precursor of my performance in the course.