A Week in the Life of Gustavo

"Seems to think that if he fails to write, la migra will find him."--OC Weekly More merriment available at ronmaydon@yahoo.com

segunda-feira, abril 07, 2003

I'm sorry, but I cannot get enough from the world's greatest site. I appreciate their humor because it cracks me up. Here's an excerpt regarding the mythical snipe...

One of the most common hazing techniques for "green" game hunters and Boy Scouts is to send the new members out to hunt for "snipes," which are some species of bird that only comes out at night. No gun is given to them, just a flashlight and a gunny sack, since that's all that's needed to catch them. The other members of the team accompany the greenhorn out into the woods and go their separate ways looking for the creature, with the veterans making their way back to the lodge or camp to find the quarry, since it has as good a chance of being there than anywhere else.

This entire process lacks sodomy or a drinking-related death, so it's pretty tame as far as hazing rituals go.

An archeology doctoral candidate told me today I have a pretty good grip on anthropological concepts after I told him I have no background in the discipline. I'm flattered beyond belief.