A Week in the Life of Gustavo

"Seems to think that if he fails to write, la migra will find him."--OC Weekly More merriment available at ronmaydon@yahoo.com

sexta-feira, julho 11, 2003

Gustavo's Journal of the Subconscious, Canto XXIV

Three: I had "relations" with the young Katherine Hepburn. I woke up feeling dirty.

Someone was commenting on a certain Dave (I know know Daves) that he's a savior type of guy when it comes to relationships, always ending up with screwed-up women so he can nurse them back to help. "And you see this guy with a girl and you wonder--why the hell is she with him?!" Dave's friend commented. I think it was in a lunch booth but I couldn't help but overhear the conversation and note some interesting parallels to my own attractions.

Weirdest of all: I was at some sort of political meeting and I was the co-chair. I was very forceful in my comments, castigating everyone on some matter. Then a girl I once liked in high school commented that no one could take me seriously because I seemed rich in the type of outfit I was wearing (I had on a mint guayabera). I snapped back that it was a hot day, and besides, the poor in Veracruz wear guayaberas and they're not rich. All this time, I would pound on the ground with an umbrella whenever I wanted to make a point. By the end of the meeting, I had offended everyone--even the person I thought would never leave my side.

I woke up depressed. My pockets hurt.