A Week in the Life of Gustavo

"Seems to think that if he fails to write, la migra will find him."--OC Weekly More merriment available at ronmaydon@yahoo.com

segunda-feira, julho 21, 2003

I'm so Lonesome I Could Cry...

People always ask me how I keep so energetic, where do I find the reserves to produce so much. Like a perpetual motion machine, I feed off of being busy. The minute I stop doing something, I crash.

Which is why I hate getting home. If I'm at home, it signifies that the day is over. I don't want the day to be over--and yet that's how it's going to be for the rest of my life. Go to work, go home. I need to keep myself occupied with something, anything that will keep me from thinking about the perpetual loneliness Fate inflicts on me. I need someone to touch me people--and not in that way, if you catch my drift.

A few stories to brighten the day...

Nice to see racism still exists in Cleveland.

The money quote: "Sullivan, who is white, apologized to Houchins from the witness stand and said his actions were not motivated by racism. He said he never met Houchins, who is black, before the trial began Wednesday."

Earlier in the story, it is noted that Sullivan's wife was on strike against the district. Are you to tell me that this country is so color-blind the wife wouldn't tell her husband her main opponent's "race"? Excuse my cynicism, but I cannot buy that argument.

The Drudge-created Michael Ramirez fiasco continues.

No more writing--my life is a crashing bore right now.