A Week in the Life of Gustavo

"Seems to think that if he fails to write, la migra will find him."--OC Weekly More merriment available at ronmaydon@yahoo.com

segunda-feira, agosto 18, 2003

Please, Please, Please Let me Get the One that I Want...

Had dinner with VT at Eva's Caribbean Kitchen in scenic South Laguna. I was actually surpised as to how good my curry potatoes were--a Madras curry as green as a leaf, the potatoes firm and magically teeming with butter inside, sauteed onions giving the entire thing a nice, heavy flavor. The Puerto Rican rice, however, needs more zing. The evening was fabulous, of course.

Afterwards, worked on some stuff for the rag and got a call from JR. Needless to say, it was a surprise--I hadn't spoken to her in about six months. Conversation was pleasant, if thankfully short-lived--she no longer pertains to Southern California.

Ended the night at JC Fandango's with the Fabulous G Sisters to check out Plastilina Mosh. Fine, although I was starting to sleep by the end. I apologize, but DJs do not excite me. Give me banda.

And now, sleep.