A Week in the Life of Gustavo

"Seems to think that if he fails to write, la migra will find him."--OC Weekly More merriment available at ronmaydon@yahoo.com

domingo, setembro 14, 2003

Hang the DJ, Hang the DJ, Hang the DJ...

The concert was fun, though I received a completely unexpected surprise--an appearance by my sisters!! With boyfriends!! The younger sister, in fact, I had never seen with a man EVER. The first thing I told them was "What are you doing here?!" (imagine gruff, growling voice). I realized it came off as extremely rude and commanding, so I apologized afterward, explaining that I was caught off guard. I was.

To see both my sisters with boyfriends is a disconcerting situation since I have to acknowledge that my sisters are beautiful women with guys trying to paw them. How could an older brother not be overprotective of them. At least I know they're going with good guys. The older sister (still younger than me) once dated a real dipwad, and I was extremely hostile towards her. My sister didn't like it, but she had no say--you have to protect those around you or at least attempt to protect.

I'm blessed to have good sisters. Hell, I'm blessed, period. Except in one category--but I think, hope, pray it's about to turn into something grand...