A Week in the Life of Gustavo

"Seems to think that if he fails to write, la migra will find him."--OC Weekly More merriment available at ronmaydon@yahoo.com

sábado, outubro 18, 2003

Just for the Hell of It...

Courtesy of Striggy. Only reason I'm doing it is because I'm suffering from a mild case of writer's block, which begs the question--what's a young man like me doing working at home on a Saturday night?

LAYER ONE: On The Outside
Name = Gustavo
Birth date = 20 years after the Day the Music Died--to the hour
Birthplace = Anaheim
Current Location = About a minute away from the hospital I was born--now a community college!
Eye Color = dark brown.
Hair Color = dark brown
Height = 5'9".
Righty or Lefty = Right-handed
Zodiac Sign = I could care less about these things, but Aquarius.

LAYER TWO: On The Inside
Your heritage = Being that I'm Mexican, a grand amalgamation of Indian (Huichol, if you must know) and European (Spanish, French, and Jewish--Arellano is Sephardic!). The resulting battle within my blood has resulted in descriptions from Persian/Arabic (many) to Filipino (a couple of times) to Chinese (three times) to Vietnamese (???) to various Latin American nationalities--everything but Mexican.
Shoes you wore today = same I wear every day--black Chucks.
Your fears = betrayal, mediocrity, harm to those I love, rejection, the number 22
Your perfect pizza = something with jalapenos and pineapple--as the years pass, I like pizza less and less, though
Goal you'd like to achieve = Live in one place for the rest of my life--take that, globalization!

LAYER THREE: Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow
Your most overused phrase on aim= haven't used AIM in a while...but would be "LOL"
Your thoughts first waking up = Hope the LA Times didn't crush my mom's flowers
Your best physical feature = my wavy hair, I've been told
Your bedtime = Sometime after 11:30pm Simpsons

LAYER FOUR: Your Pick
Pepsi or Coke = Don't drink colas, but Pepsi
McDonald's or Burger King = Don't eat hamburgers, but Carl's Jr.--Burger King is better than McDonald's by far, however
Single or group dates = single, though group dates are fun
Adidas or Nike = I do not patronize labeled clothes--I refuse to be a living shill for a multimillion-dollar corporation that uses slave labor in stitching what I wear. Now where did I leave my Chuck Taylor Converse, Doc Martens, and Dickies?
Lipton Ice Tea or Nestea = I drink lemonade, damnit! But Lipton, only because they make it in can form.
Chocolate or vanilla = The land of chocolate...Mmmm...half-off.
Cappuccino or coffee = Hate coffee, cannot stand it. I consider cappuccino, coffee, espresso--virtually anything with caffeine--to be interchangeable terms for the same muck.

LAYER FIVE: Do You?
Smoke = Once--it was disgusting
Cuss = in the public--rarely. With friends--every other word, but only with a British sensibility.
Sing = All the time when I'm not quoting the Simpsons.
Take a shower everyday = In the morning
Have a crush(es) = Yes, all futile!
Like(d) high school = I got failing grades on purpose--that's how much I enjoyed it.
Want to get married = YES
Believe in yourself = Depends on the situation
Get motion sickness = If I'm not driving and in any sort of amusement park ride. I don't dare board ships.
Think you're attractive = I'm not hideous.
Think you're a health freak = A couple of days ago, I ate a sandwich that weighed at least a pound and a half in one sitting. And I was still hungry.
Get along with your parents = Absolutely, although I think I confuse them immensely.
Like thunderstorms= Only if it really rains hard.
Play an instrument = Am learning the accordion to boost my babe credibility.

LAYER SIX: In the past month have you...
Drank alcohol = Yes, at the only place I ever drink--JC Fandango.
Smoked = Nope
Done a drug = Never
Made Out = I wish
Gone on a date = Yes
Gone to the mall? = Does the Block count?
Eaten an entire box of Oreos = Oreos--as much as I love 'em--make me sick
Eaten sushi = Yes!
Been on stage = To give a speech, yes
Been dumped = No--that happened months ago
Gone skating = can't
Gone skinny dipping = I have a pool and never have
Dyed your hair = Why would I do such a thing?
Stolen anything = Someone's heart--or so I thought!

LAYER SEVEN: Ever...
Played a game that required removal of clothing = You insult my Catholic sensibilities
Been trashed or extremely intoxicated = Twice--and I don't party with either person who set me up for it anymore (though still hang out with them)
Been caught "doing something" = Huh?
Been called a tease = I've been called the opposite of whatever a tease is.
Gotten beaten up = nearly--many times
Shoplifted = Twice--but they were rational reasons for my sinning!

LAYER EIGHT: Getting Older
Age you hope to be married = ASAP
Numbers and Names of Children = Not sure of the number, but the names of the girls would be Micaela and Isabela; boy would probably be Julio
Describe your dream wedding = Can you get married without a wedding?
How do you want to die = At Ground Zero of a nuclear blast
What do you want to be when you grow up = Already doing it
What country(ies) would you most like to visit = Brazil, England, Argentina--fuck, howza 'bout the US of A?!

LAYER NINE: In a boy/girl
Best eye color? = Some sort of light green or brown
Best hair color? = light brown
Short or long hair = long, though short can be cute
Height = Doesn't matter, but I like girls to be around my height.
Best articles of clothing = Skirts/dresses
Best first date location = restaurant

LAYER TEN: In The Numbers...
Number of drugs taken illegally = None.
Number of people I could trust with my life with = I like to say no one but real number would be one.
Number of CDs that I own = maybe 120?
Number of piercing = Ha
Number of tattoos = Ha!
Number of times my name has appeared in the newspaper? = Over 400
Number of scars on my body = the one on my cheek, the one on my forehead, the one on my hand, the one on my knee, and the huge one on my heart...
Number of things in my past that I regret = I regret nothing.