A Week in the Life of Gustavo

"Seems to think that if he fails to write, la migra will find him."--OC Weekly More merriment available at ronmaydon@yahoo.com

quinta-feira, novembro 20, 2003

E Coisa Nossa...

In talking to My Dearest Friend a couple of nights ago, I came to a startling conclusion--I'm Dr. Gustavo and Mr. Gus.

Dr. Gustavo: shy, sweet, goofy, kind, considerate--maybe too much of each. All-around gentleman.

Mr. Gus: cynical, cold, calculating, manipulative, vindicative, vituperative, judgemental--definitely too much of each. The epitome of a jerk.

(Yes, each font change was done on purpose to convey the proper feeling)

Throughout my life, I sometimes let each intrude upon each other. But ever since I've become a journalist, I've concentrated the darker section of my heart to my journalism side. Thus, you get a writer who's arrogant as fuck, goes after people with a flaming sword at hand and does not rest until someone is embarrassed.

Thankfully, that means that my usual self is just dorky and nice. Unfortunately, I've received criticism in the past (not just from one person but from many) that I'm not very agressive in that matter--timid, even. And then my two-exes ago wanted me to be as wimpy as I am in real life in my writing?

Point of this meander? I please no one with who I am. You're damned if you do and damned if you don't. But it's OK--I can still play center for the Canadian basketball team.