A Week in the Life of Gustavo

"Seems to think that if he fails to write, la migra will find him."--OC Weekly More merriment available at ronmaydon@yahoo.com

sábado, novembro 15, 2003

I must admit I'm rather disappointed by Rotten's take onThe Simpsons. And the Homer quotes they selected aren't the best--here's their choices:

*Operator, give me the number for nine-one-one!
*It's like David and Goliath, only this time David won!
*Hey, just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand!
*Marge, it takes two to lie. One to lie and one to listen.
*Marge, I'm going to miss you so much. And it's not just the sex. *It's also the food preparation.
*In this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!
*You don't win friends with salad.
*You can't keep blaming yourself. Just blame yourself once, and move on.
*Trying is the first step towards failure.
*They have the Internet on computers now?
*Okay, brain. You don't like me, and I don't like you, but let's get through this thing and then I can continue killing you with beer.
*Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.
*Bart, with $10,000, we'd be millionaires! We could buy all kinds of useful things like...love!
*Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!
*Do I know what rhetorical means?

Where's "Steak?" "Ah, the old Vitamin Barn," and "I'll call him Stitchface"?