A Week in the Life of Gustavo

"Seems to think that if he fails to write, la migra will find him."--OC Weekly More merriment available at ronmaydon@yahoo.com

sábado, novembro 15, 2003

Ring Around the Corner...

Two New Yorkers down, one more to go! Outside of that, did nothing except watch Marco Antonio Barrera get pummeled by a young Filipino.

There are two unknown fighters I've seen from the start of their career until the end--Barrera and Felix Trinidad. I saw Trinidad when he snapped Yory Boy Campas neck so viciously it was perpendicular to the rest of his body. Barrera I first saw on a KCAL-TV Channel 9 fight about a decade ago--I remember the ring announcer stating that Barrera would probably not box that much longer not because of his talent but because he was a law student. I don't think the world of jurisprudence missed much.