A Week in the Life of Gustavo

"Seems to think that if he fails to write, la migra will find him."--OC Weekly More merriment available at ronmaydon@yahoo.com

segunda-feira, novembro 24, 2003

Those Cats were Fast as Lightning...

Funny email from a friend whom I'll keep anonymous to spare him embarrassment...

I understand that you may have huge problems in your love life. But it is going to undermine your credibility as a journalist if you keep it up. Perhaps you should start a new blog, under a pseudonym or something.

My response...

I will do nothing of the sort. The best writers are those who live their lives publicly--witness Hunter S. Thompson, Hemingway, and the like. Frankly, I could care less what the world reads about me--they still willnae know what's going on.

This friend of mine envisions me as some type of dignified journalist, giving lectures to paying ears and jetting across the US of A. But, my friend, life is a process--I can definitely go for that life right now, but it would quickly tumble since its current foundation and scaffolding is nothing more than quirky asides and the occassional blasphemous insight.

Saw Kill Bill today with myself. Movie was a joke--but a funny one! And definitely wasn't as bloody as squeamish individuals insist.