A Week in the Life of Gustavo

"Seems to think that if he fails to write, la migra will find him."--OC Weekly More merriment available at ronmaydon@yahoo.com

sexta-feira, dezembro 05, 2003

Ay, yi, yi, yi, Ingrata...

Now.

A week crammed with writing, falsas promesas de amor, smacks with watches, and ampollas. The highlights...

Emerging from the pit at the Cafe Tacuba show yesterday at JC Fandango covered with the sweat of others.

Rather disgusting, yes. But when you're bouncing around to "Las Persianas" or "La Chica Banda" with strangers you only meet at concerts, suddenly all the problems of the planet goes away with each mosh. I stayed in the pit through the entire concert and G of the Fabulous G Sisters remarked that I looked happier than I had in a long time. What a sweetheart.

Treating Fellow UCLAer to the wonders of Mariscos Licenciado #2.

She had the tostada de ceviche. I had the aguachile. She confessed that she's still not over her boyfriend. I grimaced--and it just wasn't the nuclear sourness and spiciness of my molcajete.

Dinner at the Wild Artichoke with Raunchy Protestant.

And we're pissed at each other again! Ah, ambiguity!

A couple of other things here and there, but my pockets hurt.