A Week in the Life of Gustavo

"Seems to think that if he fails to write, la migra will find him."--OC Weekly More merriment available at ronmaydon@yahoo.com

segunda-feira, fevereiro 09, 2004

El Novillo Despuntado...

Some people can be so dramatic, I swear. And let's leave it at that.

Here's some Rotten.com history...

Feb 9 1909
The first federal law prohibiting the importation of opium is enacted, aimed not particularly at the ravages the drug was having on American society (none: white people weren't using opium), but at the hated Chinee.

Feb 9 1950

Senator Joseph McCarthy announces he has a list of 205 State Department employees who are Communist Party members. He did not mention that J. Edgar Hoover likes to wear garters and pumps.

What I've discovered--rather, what I've always known but am now proclaiming so that those that don't know already now do--is that I like to combine grand philosophical knowledge with ridiculous, hilarious trivia. So, I'll buy a copy of Nichomachean Ethics (but only to grasp Aristotlean thinking, not because I agree with the guy--he was just a rip-off of Plato and Socrates)--but I want my Rotten.com history also. I'm babbling now, but my pockets DON'T hurt.