A Week in the Life of Gustavo

"Seems to think that if he fails to write, la migra will find him."--OC Weekly More merriment available at ronmaydon@yahoo.com

domingo, fevereiro 22, 2004

Stormy Weather...

A rather eventful couple of days these past couple of days:

FRIDAY

Went to open mic night in Little Saigon. Couldn't stay there that long but it was great. Good turnout, too. Afterwards, went dancing at JC Fandango. Me! Dancing! Salsa! With a woman! Together! Fun! Everyone who I've told this too has been shocked, and frankly, so am I. But it is a shock that will be happening with more frequency, inshallah.

SATURDAY

Some Nicaraguan with Downer Downey in Downey, then a fandango at the Centro Cultural de Mexico. Nicaraguan food is rather delicious--I liked the banana chips, and the cacao was frothy and dunked with a good amount of chocolate.

SUNDAY--THAT IS TODAY

Nothing. Read. Bought. Ate. Wrote. Talked.

An email regarding my Jugos Acapulco piece...

I finally read one of your food columns and it had to be about one of my favorite places, Jugos Acapulco. I miss that place. I would always go on Saturdays after taking a walk around Downtown Santa Ana, and I would order una ensalada escamocha. Se me hace agua la boca, nada mas en pensar.

And, that, broder, is the best compliment one can pay to a restaurant critic.